Last updated April 2015
Important Note: The Baby+Company Notice of Privacy Practices is a separate document that governs how medical information about you may be used and disclosed by Baby+Company. The Notice of Privacy Practices is available at [INSERT LINK].
3. Use of Tracking Technologies. Baby+Company and third parties on Baby+Company’s behalf use various tracking technologies, including without limitation cookies, web beacons, tokens, web analytics and other clickstream data, to collect, store, analyze, use and disclose information from and about Users’ devices, Users’ activities on the Website, and Users’ activities on the Internet, generally, in order to:
A. facilitate User access to Baby+Company’s services;
B. offer a personalized experience when visiting the Website and using the Internet, generally;
C. deliver the products and services requested;
D. manage User accounts and provide Users with customer support;
E. perform research and analysis about the use of, or interest in, Baby+Company products, services, or content, or products, services, or content offered by third parties;
F. communicate by email, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to Users, either from Baby+Company or other third parties;
G. track Users’ use of the Website and advertisements;
H. develop, deliver, and display targeted content and advertising on the Website and other websites;
I. measure the effectiveness of online advertising, content, programming or other activities;
K. process payment for any purchases made on the Website;
L. protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions;
M. perform functions as otherwise needed to manage Baby+Company’s business; and
N. perform functions as otherwise described to Users at the time of collection.
6. Third Party Websites. The Website may contain third party advertising and links to third party websites. Baby+Company is not responsible for the privacy practices or policies of these advertisers or websites. Please contact such advertisers or websites directly for more information about their privacy practices. Baby+Company expressly disclaims, and each User expressly releases Baby+Company from, any and all liability whatsoever for any controversies, claims, suits, injuries and/or damages, arising from and/or in any way related to third party advertisers and/or the use of links to third party websites that may appear on the Baby+Company Website, including without limitation such websites’ availability, privacy policies, content, advertising, and/or products or other materials.
7. Security. Baby+Company uses commercially reasonable security measures in an attempt to keep User Information secure, including without limitation Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology for sensitive User Information such as financial information. However, no data transmitted over or accessible through the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, Baby+Company does not represent or warrant that User Information will be completely secure from misappropriation by hackers or from other nefarious or criminal activities, or in the event of a failure of computer hardware, software, or a telecommunications network. Any User Information is provided to Baby+Company at User’s own risk.
9. DISCLAIMER AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. THIS WEBSITE CANNOT BE ABSOLUTELY PROTECTED AGAINST INTRUSION ATTEMPTS. BABY+COMPANY DOES NOT CONTROL THE DEVICES, COMPUTERS, OR INTERNET CONNECTIONS OVER WHICH YOU MAY CHOOSE TO SEND USER INFORMATION, AND, THEREFORE, CANNOT PREVENT INTERCEPTIONS OR COMPROMISES OF YOUR INFORMATION WHILE IN TRANSIT TO, OR ENTERED OR STORED ON OR IN, THE BABY+COMPANY WEBSITE. BABY+COMPANY MAKES NO GUARANTEE AS TO, AND HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY WITH RESPECT TO, THE SECURITY, INTEGRITY, OR CONFIDENTIALITY OF ANY USER INFORMATION TRANSMITTED TO OR FROM, OR STORED WITHIN, THIS WEBSITE. YOU ASSUME THE SOLE RISK OF USING THE WEBSITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, BY TRANSMITTING USER INFORMATION TO BABY+COMPANY THROUGH THE WEBSITE. IN NO EVENT SHALL BABY+COMPANY BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PARTY FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, OR OTHER DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY FEES AND PENALTIES WHICH MAY ARISE IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR CONNECTIVITY TO OR FROM THIS WEBSITE IN ANY MANNER, INCLUDING YOUR DISCLOSURE OF USER INFORMATION TO BABY+COMPANY.
10. Choices Available to Users. Users can choose not to provide certain User Information, but the failure to provide certain User Information may result in the User being unable to use certain features of the Website or services, such as registration and use of teleconsultation services. Users can correct, delete inaccuracies, change or remove account information at any time by adjusting the User profile.
11. Electronic Communications from Baby+Company. By using the Website, You hereby consent to Baby+Company and/or third parties acting on behalf of Baby+Company sending to User electronic messages relating to Baby+Company’s services and the business of Baby+Company. Users may choose whether to receive communications from Baby+Company or third parties with which Baby+Company has a commercial relationship by adjusting the User profile. Users who need assistance opting out of communications can contact Baby+Company at info@BabyAndCompany.com. Users will be given the opportunity, in any commercial email sent by Baby+Company, to opt-out of receiving such communications in the future using the link at the bottom of the email, although Users may not opt-out of receiving administrative emails. It may take up to 10 days to process an opt-out request. Opting out of Baby+Company communications will not automatically opt User out of third-party linked Websites.
12. Public Forums. Any User Information disclosed in public areas of the Website, such as message boards, becomes publicly-available information, and Users should exercise caution when deciding to disclose such User Information publicly. Baby+Company expressly disclaims, and each User expressly releases Baby+Company from, any and all liability whatsoever for any controversies, claims, suits, injuries and/or damages, arising from and/or in any way related to any User Information, including without limitation to any acts by Users or third parties with respect to such User Information. To request removal of User Information from Baby+Company’s public areas, contact Baby+Company at info@BabyAndCompany.com. In some cases, Baby+Company may not be able to remove User Information, in which case Baby+Company will let User know if and why it is unable to do so.
13. Protection of Children’s Privacy. The Website is not directed to children, and Baby+Company does not anticipate that the Website is likely to be accessed by children. Therefore, Baby+Company does not intend to collect information from individuals under 18 years of age or who have not been legally emancipated. If it is discovered that Baby+Company has inadvertently collected information from an individual not meeting these requirements, Baby+Company will promptly take all reasonable measures to delete that data from databases and systems.
By email: info@BabyAndCompany.com
By mail: 1345 6th Ave, 45th Floor, New York, NY 10105